6.20.2011

Dennis - Rockford IL Photographer

Those of you who have liked the Brown Eyes Photography Facebook page or have seen us in action have probably noticed that I have a few new faces with me this season! This is the first of two blog posts featuring those new faces, Dennis and Charli.

Without further ado, meet Dennis Madsen, BEP's 2011 Assistant Photographer!

Photobucket
{Image I took at Dennis and Kristin's wedding last summer. They hired me for their wedding and that is how we met!}

What's one thing that everyone should know about you?
I'm from Denmark NOT from Ireland even though I have red hair and funky accent. People always seem to think I'm from Ireland. And yes, I love wedding cake and will eat it at any chance I get!

Photobucket

How long have you been doing photography and how did you get started?
I started doing photography in 8th grade with dark rooms, rolls of film all over, smelly chemicals and everything we did was in black and white. Had a break from creative photography for some 10 years and picked it up again when buying my first DSLR in 2008. And since then, that thing has been pretty much stuck to my face.

When you take pictures just for you, what are they of?
We love to travel and go to Europe at least once a year and always come home with way too many photos. I photograph pretty much everything, but mainly travels, family, friends, events, nice scenery etc. I never go anywhere without my camera.... except grocery shopping.....

Photobucket

Do you have a hidden talent or a stupid human trick?
I can ride a unicycle.. was once really good and rode off road, over ramps and all over town. Today it's probably best to just keep to flat surfaces and aim straight ahead :) Also I can walk on stilts, those attached to the feet and hands free. Apparently I'm born in a circus.

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you could meet anyone (dead or alive) who would you pick and why?
Probably Steve Carell.. He could make any situation hilarious. Big fan of The Office!! Otherwise it would be the Crown Prince of Denmark (Frederik).. because he's just bada$$!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have really enjoyed Dennis working along side me this season. He does amazing work. I hope that you have enjoyed his blog feature; leave him some comment love!

Kayleen
Brown Eyes Photography

2 comments:

Charli said...

Dennis- I was cracking up the whole time while I was reading this because it sounds like YOU! You are awesome and definitely talented (in more ways than one :)! By the way- you can "steal" my setups more often- that one of Britney & Randy is so much better than what I got! :)

Dennis said...

Hey Charli, thank you so much for the nice words! For some reason I didn't notice your comment until today Sep. 1st.. more than two months later.. LOL

I also have a lot to learn from YOU. You have a cool style and so often you just nail the cool angles!

See ya at another BEP wedding in near future :))