8.31.2011

Charli - Rockford, IL Photographer

Finally. The very much past due blog post featuring my 2nd assistant, Miss Charli (sorry, Charli)! It has been a delight to have Charli along side me for several weddings this season. I sound like a British grandma "She is such a delight!"; but it's the right word. At only 16 years old, this girl is workin' it and doing her thing!

Photobucket

What is the one thing everyone should know about you:
I love Jesus! He's the only One that could have brought me to where I am!
I love food... don't be shocked if you see me whip out something from my purse or randomly snacking. I might even take a picture of anything food-related. I even have granola bars in my camera bag! And I adore photography. It's my passion. Lastly, I love music so much that if I don't have it, I get grumpy.


{Charli, I said ONE thing. I suppose I wouldn't expect anything less from this chatty girl!}

Photobucket

How long have you been doing photography and how did you get started?
I've been toying around with cameras since I was little. My first recollection was one day when I was 5-6 years old, I took our film 35 mm out to the front yard and snapped a pic of our house, and then another of our dog. My mom didn't know I did it until she got the roll developed! When I first got serious about photography, I was a pre-teen, and kind of awkward and insecure. I felt like a loser at times, like we all do. But, strangely, behind the camera, I was at home and confident! I started playing more and more with our little Kodak point & shoot, and eventually abused Google every evening for information. Before long, I showed my pictures to others, and even entered them into the Boone County Fair because I couldn't contain the excitement. Above all, God has given me the opportunities to get to where I am now. To God be the glory.

Photobucket

Photobucket

When you take pictures just for you, what are they of?
Umm, everything. The majority of my "best" work is done outdoors... I don't know why. In the summer, I like to grab my camera and roam around our property, the surrounding fields, and our gravel road. It's good peace and quiet for me. I also sometimes stalk my little sister or brothers in the yard. But mainly, I photograph whatever I find beautiful or interesting, or both! Food and portraits seem to be my main interest. I love when I get asked to photograph family reunions and birthday parties, etc. I practice portrait "techniques" on myself. I know some scoff at self-portraits, but it helps me figure out what looks good and what doesn't BEFORE I do it to someone else. It even helps me develop my style!

Photobucket

Do you have a hidden talent or a stupid human trick?
I'm rather flexible. I can do the splits (not side-to-side splits), a back-bend, and some other little stretches. Oh, and I like to arm wrestle! But I don't like losing. :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So there you have it. It's be fun having another girl on the team this season. Thank you for your help this season, Charli!

Kayleen
Brown Eyes Photography

2 comments:

Lesley Foley said...

What a talented young lady you have working with you, Kay! Keep it up, Charli. You're going to go places for sure!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kayleen! It's easy to feel confident and creative around you. I'm so blessed to have an opportunity like this! ;)
Leslie- thank you! :)
-CHARLI